Friday, April 23, 2010

Wholeness: I'm Getting It All Together

This past Sunday, at church, a dear friend of mine, who is now a Pastor and soon to be new mom, delivered a message entitled, "No Excuses: Walking the Walk of Wholeness". Using the story from John 5:1-17 (New Living Translation) as her text, Pastor Jessica posed a rhetorical question that made me (and I know many others) want to scream out, "YES!" She asked the congregation, "Do you want to be made whole"? As I reflect on the things she said that day, I've decided to stop making excuses for my failures, disappointments, unacceptable behavior and thoughts. I am determined to live my life differently. I deliberately give myself to wholeness (spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, financially, vocationally, and intellectually) in hopes that my life will be more significant and fruitful. I'm not sure how this will pan out but I do know that my life as I currently know it, is not what's happening! I also know that insanity is doing the same things over and over all the while expecting a new yield. I know that this journey is not one that I can place a due date on for this is a way of life change. I admit that although I am excited about the outcome, I am equally unsure how this pilgrimage will look. Stay tuned as I sojourn to wholeness. Watch me as I get it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment